I’ve written about David Hayter’s werewolf film Wolves in the past, but there wasn’t much info on the project, until now. Hayter dished at this year’s San Diego Comic Con during a Wolves panel and shared all kinds of info on the movie! Check out the fun facts revealed at Comic Con, but first, here is the official description for Wolves:
“Cayden Richards, 18, has it all: Captain of the high school football team; straight-A student; gorgeous girlfriend. But when he wakes one dark night to find his parents brutally murdered, he is horrified to realize that he is turning into an animal: a wild, savage wolf. Panicked, Cayden runs, determined to find out what is happening to him. His quest leads him to the strange, isolated town of Lupine Ridge, where two clans of wolves are on the brink of war. The opposing clans are lead by Connor, the powerful, pure-blood alpha of a savage pack and John Tollerman, an old farmer, committed to protecting the human citizens of Lupine Ridge. But when Cayden falls for Angelina, the beautiful, young mate promised to Connor, a battle to the death is inevitable. And as the past begins to reveal itself, Cayden’s place in the world becomes clearer – as does his power to put an end to the savage violence building up around and within him…”
Now for the Comic Con goodies:
- No wolf snouts! Hayter and his Academy Award winning effects team (who worked on the Wolfman remake) went through a hundred different looks for his werewolves before realizing that he hated snouts. So he went with a flat-faced werewolf.
- Jason Momoa (Dothraki Khal in Game of Thrones) is the villain of Wolves. He will be the bad guy and pack leader.
- Cayden Richards will play the good werewolf who kicks a lot of ass.
- Jason Momoa went to a wolf ranch to study the animals for his role and liked them so much that he adopted a wolf (personally, I think it’s wrong to have a wild animal as a pet… but anyway).
- Werewolf sex! Hayter revealed that not only is there a sex scene, but that it will start between werewolves who begin as humans, but finish in werewolf form. The scene took three days to film, which is a bit much for a sex scene.
- Hayter says sparkly vampires are lame, which is why he went for sexy werewolves. Vampires are easy to do, he said, but werewolves are difficult, and making them sexy and streamlined was a challenge.
- Wolves will be more of an action film than a horror film.
- They are hoping to have the film release the Spring of 2014.
What do you think of Wolves?