‘The Wolfman’ Remake Becomes Direct-To-Disc Disaster
Remember a while back when we announced that Universal Home Entertainment was remaking The Wolfman for a second time (because apparently the Benicio Del Toro version wasn’t enough)? Well, it’s no longer a remake, but a campy direct-to-disc werewolf flick titled for Werewolf: The Beast Among Us. The werewolf thriller will hit stores October 9, 2012 and features a bunch of bonus extras. Check out the details and trailer below:
“A monstrous creature terrorizes a 19th Century European village by moonlight and a young man struggles to protect his loved ones from an unspeakable scourge in Werewolf: The Beast Among Us, Universal Studios’ all-new addition to its time-honored legacy of classic monsters. During his studies with the local doctor (Stephen Rea), Daniel (Guy Wilson) witnesses the horrific consequences of werewolf attacks. Watching as the beast’s fearsome reputation draws bounty hunters, thrill seekers and charlatans to the tiny town, Daniel dreams of destroying the ruthless predator. So when a mysterious stranger (Ed Quinn) and his team of skilled werewolf hunters (Stephen Bauer, Adam Croasdell) arrive to pursue the monster, he offers to join them, despite his mother’s (Nia Peeples) protests. But it soon becomes clear that this creature is stronger, smarter and more dangerous than anything they have faced before. As casualties mount and villagers see their neighbors transformed into ravening monsters, the townsfolk take up arms against each other to find the true identity of the werewolf. Amid the hysteria, Daniel begins to suspect he’s closer to his target than he ever dreamed.”
Check out the trailer:
Bonus Features on Blu-ray and DVD
- Unrated Version of the Movie
- Deleted Scenes
- “Making the Monster” – From the internationally recognized cast to the Eastern European locations of Romania and Transylvania, this featurette will take viewers into the heart of Werewolf: The Beast Among Us and reveal what goes into making a monster movie.
- “Transformation: Man To Beast” – Revealing behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with director Louis Morneau, producer Mike Elliott, production designer David Hirschfield and makeup SFX designer Paul Hyatt show viewers how the monster in Werewolf: The Beast Among Us was brought to life using a mix of computer-generated graphics and practical makeup.
- “Monster Legacy” – Starting with the 1941 classic, The Wolf Man, werewolves have played an important part in horror films and monster movies for the last 70 years. Director Louis Morneau and producer Mike Elliott look back at some of the most influential monster films in cinema history and discuss how working for Roger Corman gave them the perfect foundation to make Werewolf: The Beast Among Us.
- Feature Commentary with Director Louis Morneau and Producer Mike Elliott
Bonus Features Exclusive to Blu-ray
- UltraViolet: The revolutionary new way for consumers to collect movies and TV shows, store them in the cloud, and instantly stream and download to TVs, computers, tablets and smartphones. Consumers can now truly enjoy their movies anytime, anywhere on the platform of their choice. Currently available in the United States only.
- Digital Copy: Viewers can redeem a digital version of the full-length movie from a choice of retail partners to watch on an array of electronics and portable devices including computers, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Android and more!
- pocket BLU App: The popular free pocket BLU app for smartphones is now even better with newly updated versions for iPad, Android tablets, PC and Macintosh computers, with features made especially to take advantage of the devices’ larger screens and high resolution displays.
- Advanced Remote Control: A sleek, elegant new way to operate your Blu-ray player. Users can navigate through menus, playback and BD-Live functions with ease.
Video Timeline: Users can easily bring up the video timeline, allowing them to instantly access any point in the film.
- Mobile-To-Go: Users can unlock a selection of bonus content with their Blu-ray discs to save to their device or to stream from anywhere there is a Wi-Fi network, enabling them to enjoy content on the go, anytime, anywhere.
- Browse Titles: Users will have access to a complete list of pocket BLU-enabled titles available and coming to Blu-ray. They can view free previews and see what additional content is available to unlock on their device.
- Keyboard: Entering data is fast and easy with your device’s intuitive keyboard.
- BD-LIVE: Access the BD-Live Center through your Internet-connected player to access the latest trailers, exclusive content and more!
What do you think of the upcoming film? I think it looks pretty campy, but who knows, it could be an awesome film… maybe.
About the Author
Moonlight (aka Amanda) loves to write about, read about and learn about everything pertaining to werewolves and other supernatural beasties. She writes for top genre sites like Vampires.com and Werewolves.com. You will most likely find her huddled over a book of folklore with coffee in hand. Touch her coffee and you may lose a limb. You can stalk her via her Twitter.
One of the writers for werewolves.com, as well as vampires.com.