The blu-ray collector’s edition of The Howling is out! Along with the cult classic itself, the blu-ray also contains a shit ton of special features. Perfect for the classic werewolf fans. Check out the details below.
Severely traumatized by a near-fatal encounter with a serial killer, TV newscaster Karen White (Dee Wallace) takes time off at a secluded retreat called the Colony. But when, after nights of being tormented by bestial, bloodcurdling cries, Karen ventures into the woods seeking answers, she makes a terrifying discovery. Now she must fight not only for her life but for her soul!
- Audio Commentary With Author Gary Brandner
- Interview with Executive Producer Steven A. Lane
- Interview with Editor Mark Goldblatt
- Interview with Co-writer Terrence H. Winkless
- Interview with Stop Motion Animator David Allen
- Audio Commentary With Director Joe Dante And Actors Dee Wallace, Christopher Stone and Robert Picardo
- Unleashing the Beast: The Making Of The Howling Multi-part Documentary
- Deleted Scenes (with optional commentary) And Outtakes
- Making Of A Monster: Inside The Howling Documentary
- Horror’s Hallowed Grounds – A Look At The Film’s Locations
- Photo Gallery
- Theatrical Trailers
Anyone planning on picking this one up? Are you a fan of The Howling? If so, why?
About the Author
Moonlight (aka Amanda) loves to write about, read about and learn about everything pertaining to werewolves and other supernatural beasties. She writes for top genre sites like Vampires.com and Werewolves.com. You will most likely find her huddled over a book with coffee in hand. You can stalk her via her Twitter.