A lil’ while back a wrote about Werewolf: The Beast Among Us, a film that was supposedly a direct-to-DVD remake of The Wolfman. Well, the movie is out now and apparently it’s not actually the remake it was reported to be, but more of a standalone werewolf flick. Also, everyone was thinking that this movie was going to be a total disaster (myself including), but reviews are in and while they are mixed, many are saying that Werewolf: The Beast Among Us is an awesome werewolf flick (shocking). Maybe I judged the film too quickly. Hmmm… Check out the movie details below:
“Werewolf: The Beast Among Us takes Universal Studios’ historic monster legacy to an all-new level of chilling action and terrifying suspense. When a mysterious creature terrorizes a village by moonlight, a local young man, Daniel, convinces a team of skilled werewolf hunters to let him join their quest to hunt it down. But as the villagers are attacked one by one and turned into vicious beasts, Daniel begins to fear that his ruthless foe is someone closer than anyone thinks.”
Bonus Features on Blu-ray and DVD:
- Unrated Version of the Movie
- Deleted Scenes
- “Making the Monster” – From the internationally recognized cast to the Eastern European locations of Romania and Transylvania, this featurette will take viewers into the heart of Werewolf: The Beast Among Us and reveal what goes into making a monster movie.
- “Transformation: Man To Beast” – Revealing behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with director Louis Morneau, producer Mike Elliott, production designer David Hirschfield and makeup SFX designer Paul Hyatt show viewers how the monster in Werewolf: The Beast Among Us was brought to life using a mix of computer-generated graphics and practical makeup.
- “Monster Legacy” – Starting with the 1941 classic, The Wolf Man, werewolves have played an important part in horror films and monster movies for the last 70 years. Director Louis Morneau and producer Mike Elliott look back at some of the most influential monster films in cinema history and discuss how working for Roger Corman gave them the perfect foundation to make Werewolf: The Beast Among Us.
- Feature Commentary with Director Louis Morneau and Producer Mike Elliott
Have any of you seen Werewolf: The Beast Among Us yet? If so, is it worth a watch?
About the Author
Moonlight (aka Amanda) loves to write about, read about and learn about everything pertaining to werewolves and other supernatural beasties. She writes for top genre sites like Vampires.com and Werewolves.com. You will most likely find her huddled over a book of folklore with coffee in hand. You can stalk her via her Twitter.