Home Werewolves Store Timeline Advertise Links Facebook Twitter Contact

The Many Ways To Become A Werewolf

July 16th, 2010 § 141

I bet many of you are wondering how someone is turned into a werewolf. We all know the most popular way which involves being bitten by another werewolf. But if you take a look at folklore, old customs and traditions throughout the world you’ll learn that there are several ways someone was believed to turn into a werewolf. A warning though, many of these ideas came from the middle ages, a time when people believed in most anything, so some things on this list may be a bit ridiculous.

How To Become A Werewolf

• Being bitten by another werewolf
  • Being scratched or clawed by another werewolf
  • Selling your soul to the devil
  • Wearing an enchanted belt made of wolf skin/fur, known as a wolf-belt
  • Applying a magic salve to one’s body
  • Black magic and witchcraft
  • Eating lycanthropous flowers (white or yellow flowers said to be in the Balkans)
  • Inhaling certain potions
  • Simply wearing an animal’s pelt
  • Placing a real wolf pelt on one’s body and then drinking beer mixed with blood
  • Drinking water from a wolf’s paw print
  • Eating the brains of a wolf
  • Spells and rituals
  • Having sex with a werewolf
  • Eating an unborn fetus
  • Wearing a belt made of the skin of a executed criminal
  • Being cursed by a witch or troll
  • Being born on Christmas Eve
  • Being blasphemous and getting cursed for your sins
  • Genetics (having a werewolf in your family)
  • Drinking from a lycanthropous stream
  • Drinking downstream from wolves
  • Sleeping on a Friday night under the full moon with the moon shining directly on your face
  • Being the seventh son
  • Being a child conceived under a new moon
  • Not going to confession for 10 years
  • Being gruesomely murdered on a full moon
  • Being born on a full moon Friday
  • Tasting human flesh
  • Being chosen by the Native American wolf spirit

Like I said, folks in the middle ages believed in anything. Instead of explaining things with science, they explained it with religion and superstition. So for those that wish to become a werewolf, don’t expect any of these methods to actually work.

- Moonlight

About the Author

One of the writers for werewolves.com, as well as vampires.com.

Tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

141 Responses to The Many Ways To Become A Werewolf

1. moonlight says:

Do not post your email addresses please

2. Chris Gibbons says:

great list, but i’m still kinda bugged that the “bitten/scratched by a werewolf” method is the most commonly accepted even though curt siodmak made it up.

• moonlight says:

He didn’t make it up. Bites were believed to turn people into werewolves long before him. It’s possible that idea came from rabies, animals with rabies bite people and people with rabies are also known to lash out and bite.

3. Eloise says:

OMG having sex with a werewolf JESUS

4. Enrique says:

all i need to do is find sum people who r screwed up in the head and know ways to prepare wolf brains :)

5. Mae says:

who would want to do a wolf that is crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Jay says:

who will have sex with a werewolf:)

7. Ryley says:

I love Werewolf’s. There awsome.Jason are your sure your familys a werewolf?My fav is the mirror one.

8. Ryley says:

Im going to try now…If it works THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!!!!Well im a girl.There awsome.AND DONT FORGET IT!!!!

9. Ryley says:

IM SO SCARED I SHOULD STOP LEAVING COMMETS AND TRY!!

• moonlight says:

None of these are going to work. I hate to break it to you, but these are all old myths from ages ago thought up by overly superstitious people.

10. Monique says:

Well actually I want 2 be one so dont take it seriousely

11. jackson says:

i’m so going to try those i hope it works

12. jaylen says:

i love werewolfs

13. Joseph says:

Lol I have 2
    Or 3 different ones.
    1. For the past 21 generations in my family. We have had all boys. 21 is a factor of 7.
    2. Makes 1 possible genetics.
    3 I was born on a full moon of a Friday.

14. i hate dealing with human men i wish their were at least some one either native american or either european in my state i get angry and yes i have gone through bra’s and shirt’s and yes pant’s that stuff is expensive but when i have too go through a change i have no choice and also i’m disliking shower’s and brushing my fang’s bye am i going odd see ya

15. smexy ninja werewolf says:

werewolves are amazing……all those ways to become a werewolf actually work…..im a pure blood shadow wolf! having sex with a werewolf is probally the hardest way to become one because you might not survive the night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just saying

16. Victoria says:

In the movie “Wolf” (which I love)Michelle Phifers charater becomes a werewolf after having sex with Jack Niclesons charater (and he plays a very convincing werewolf too). Think that would be the more enjoyable way to become a werewolf lol

• Mark says:

I’m sorry, but I’m new to all of this. Could you please explain this virus to me? I have a strong background in biochemistry.

17. Bigdog says:

Look I have been doing research…. The only supposed way to become a werewolf that actually makes any sort of sense is through VMTLV If anyone knows about this and could provide me more information please reply or if you know how to get your hands on this virus tell me. I would be more then willing to pay for it after I have recieved it and went through my first transformation.

18. håkon says:

having sex with a werewolf? who came ut with that idea ? how are that going to happend ? the werewolf bite you afterwords?

19. håkon says:

sleeping under full moon on friday night dont work, to be honest dont really remember!

20. hey omg u will not bileve what i gust saw ok me and my cosin were at my grampas farm and we went in his mazz and we saw some 5ft wolf but it stood up on 2 feet it did every a human did so we fond are way out of there and fast as soon as me and my cosin got out we ran to my aunts house that lives next to my grampa and we went on my aunts laptop and we serched up eny thing it could have din and we saw this and since you guys are experts what was that pleas i need the help pleas

21. omg!me and my cosin were at my grampas and we were in his mazz and we saw this thing it looked like a wolf but it standed on 2ft and it did every thig a human did it was scary and it was huge like 7ft so me and my cosin ran in my grampas house and we graed her laptop and serched up wate it can be and i saw this and since u guys are expertce i want to ask u pleas

22. crystalwolf says:

-moonlight this is for you.. ok now, have u ever tried any of these on the list? and if so tell me if its true or not? Also if you have a facebook then ill add you on there. i believe that were wolfs are real my mother said that when she was a little girl she would always read witch craft books and werewolfs book and study on how to become one…. but she said that she used a spell and she did alot of research adn then one night she took me outside when there was a full moon… just me and her. she said when she was in here teen age’s she said that she had turned into a werewolf at the middle of the night and stuff would be moved around the next morning so then seh started talking about blah blah blah and then she said some day if i had alot spiritual as she did, then i could have been one of the wolfs like she said but she said werewolfs are not big as they look there only about 4-7 feel tall it depends on how large u r but i dont now if she is jsut fooling me or what .. soo i dont now to:moonlight from:crystalwolf: also if u want to i would like to talk to u about this

• moonlight says:

None of these will actually make you a werewolf. These were thought up by superstitious people hundreds of years ago. They didn’t have the medical and scientific knowledge we have today so they thought up beliefs like these to explain things they didn’t understand.

23. alugaru says:

i would love to be a werewolve
    and all but i am not,in no
    chance,ever in my life,i
    mean there is no way in hell
    i’m selling my soul to the
    devil.I would rather die.p.s vampires suck.

24. MrUnluckey13 says:

I want to be a werewolf so badly, but i can’t be bitten by a werewolf someone please i want someone to put a werewolf curse on me. I am begging you to put a werewolf curse on me. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!

• MrUnluckey13 says:

nevermind i already am a werewolf now. :D

• william B. says:

No if its a curse you cant control it and you could kill someone +you would not remember it….
      Find another way…
      Lycans are better they can change at any time unlike were wolfs which can only change on the full moon…

25. My niece was born during an eclipse so I call her Luna, a little flicker a curiosity.

26. david says:

who would have sex with a freaking wolf

27. Vanessa says:

Thats wiered

28. dakota says:

i am indian my animal spirit or “shratari” as the know call it i get my calling in 3-5 weeks but my father and older brother

29. animalgirl says:

I was born on a new moon and I might have werewolf in my family recently I lin e my meat rare I have larger and sharper canines my eye cold changes I usually don’t get angry but when I do I get really angry and want to rip everything to shreads I am more aggressive I get mire hyper and aggressive during or nearing a full moon I love to fight I like to bite I growl when I’m angry and I love to chew on stuff constantly I keep having dream about a large gray wolf and think I might have m- shifted it was a really weird feeling I am really tall and super strong for my age just keep getting taller I love to watch the moon and sometimes howl I love the woods and enjoy running

30. cowsarescary says:

I believe in werewolves because they ARE real, but does anyone know how to find out if someone in your family is a werewolf because my family would really be worried about me if i go around asking them ” have you ever tasted blood before”

31. Mashiro says:

You are idiots. Why would you want to become a werewolf…?!?!?! It’s a huge responsibilty and you have no time for yourself. You are constantly going on stupid missions that other werewolves could do but NOOO *YOU* have to do it because apparently you aren’t good enough and need more training?? IT SUCKS. So STOP thinking, “OMG I wanna be a werewolf o:” cuz it ain’t worth throwing your life away. So SHUDDUP and go.

32. sex with a werewolf oh yea enny male werewolfs out their?

33. werewolflover says:

stell wating.

34. miles says:

i will try sleeping on friday night letting the full moon hit my face

35. werewolf12345 says:

if you drink a wolfs blood can you become a wolf

• Fenris Lupa says:

That’s the dumbest thing I ever heard.

• Addie says:

Someone please help i think i am a werewolf I have every single symtom as the quetion above at the top, i can hear well but my eyesite sucks(I have contacts) , I can understand my dogs crystal clear. Whenever I was at my basketball game the crowds clapping and the coaches whistle was too much for my ears and I had to cover them as I was running up and down the coourt lol. A couple nights when I was sleeping I was like half asleep and half awake it felt like I was like changing but I couldnt move. When I “woke up” my body ached and my pants (which are really hard to rip) had claw marks in them. I also keep havng dreams of this big grey and white wolf running with other wolves and this blacked haired boy that was a wolf and my mate.Normally I have dej ja vu and my dreams happen in reality. O crave meat ( pure rare beef and deer). I am extremly strong and love to fight ( I always win) . Whenever I think or read about werewolves i always feel like tingly and like thats where I belong. I am really protective of my family you hurt them and i will kill you.  I growl shake and want to rip things apart and completly destroy things when im mad. In school i always daydream about the wolves. In the woods i feel free. Please tell me if i am a werewolf or not dont be rude just say no if you think no and right yes and what you know about werewolves that would be useful if yes. I honetly think the answer is yes but im not sure

36. Braden says:

I believe that witches werewolves and vampires are real but i do not believe the people that say they are a vampire or werewolf because you wouldn’t just brag because after a while it would be a curse instead of a gift.

37. Moon Light Guarian says:

I say that if you go out in the night Full Moon/ any moon kind, you could feel not yourself…

38. isaiah says:

Thank you Braden and yeah its not a gift its living hell

39. PurpleNerd says:

Moon light may I ask, have any of these worked? There is a wolf pack that isn’t far from my hous so I am planning on trying it

40. Brandon says:

I’m a werewolf i eat raw meat and howling at the moon

41. bosa says:

I’m the devil so i know a few ways you can become a werewolf. You can make a deal with me to specifically become one but i be turning people into werewolves by biting them or scratching them too. Its certain ways that you can bite or scratch that you could turn people into different types of werewolves. And fuck humans. There just dumb ass evolved monkeys. Soo-woo. And everybody should probably know all lycans are bloods and all real bloods are lycans(the type of werewolf in the underworld movies). Soo-woo

42. Heather says:

The only ones it doesn’t work on are vampires.

43. werewolf in Maryland says:

Do you think a spell on youtube would work?

44. Braedon Forty says:

Oh ya right. And I’m Dracula’s nephew.

45. alex says:

Somebody please help me tell me what to do.. I’m sleep walking, woke up in a big forest.. I’m too strong .. This is my 5th phone I’m using for this year..blood overy my body but it happen once a year.. Plss.. I’m Alex

46. TheBetterHalf says:

Has anyone ever though… regarding the sex with a werewolf… that doing so in his/her human form would suffice?? Just a thought… not actually having fucking sex with an actual wolf… come on ppl, use ur brains…